Friday, February 7, 2014

Freehand Friday, Children's Book


I'm very happy to say welcome back Freehand Fridays! Ashley and I are back at it this week, and here's what we have been working on. 

Ashley chose this cute look from this children's book, Be Kind Be Sweet, Be Nice To Everyone You Meet! With all the drama lately in the nail community, girls...just be calm and paint your nails!


Anyway, for the next couple Fridays we plan on drawing our inspiration from children's books and characters. So Voila!




I used White On as my white base and my go to yellow in NYC Lexington Yellow. With a little less time on my hands for this one I did use all acrylic paint for the rest. I do have to say, I'm not ashamed when I use acrylics. I do art with both, and for me I like the option of the different effects you can achieve and the speed it allows. Try it out for yourself, it's really a great way to start out freehand. When my topper was dry I mattified the whole look and liked it much more that way!

Please follow this Link over to Ashley's version, it's gorgeous...she definitely got me beat!

Cheers all,


6 comments:

  1. Oh what a neat sounding challenge! I've never heard of the book, but I agree the community could use a bit of kindess lately.

    These came out beautiful love! I can't believe you free-handed that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and another blogger started doing freehand Fridays a while back. It's a great excuse to do freehand at least once a week.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, I don't think I feel the same way about free hand. I've got some Valentine's Day looks going that I *attempted* free hand - sweet goodness they are a hott mess! But they will be comical relief for the group at least!

      Delete
  2. I love your recreation of this book! This would be a perfect mani for summertime! My favorite has to be that ring finger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani, I changed this one up the next day for a second look. That was my favorite finger as well.

      Delete