Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nail Challenge 2013: Day 5, Blue


So here we go day five, Blue!
I have to say one thing for anyone planing to do the challenge next year, there is anxiety involved! A little for the creativity and skill needed...but a lot for removing what you just took all that time to create! I loved the Green nails I just removed after less then 24 hours! But it is still so much fun.

Sigh! Ok, moving on.

Today I wanted to try out something cute, as blue is my fave colour. I decided to do something underwater themed.

I started with a base coat and Sally Hansen in Blue me Away. I then added a gradient with China Glaze White on White. After that I added some L.A. Colors Current to try and give that seawater look. Then I added some China Glaze Fairy Dust to the top of the gradient to give it the sunlight sparkle.

When all that was dry I free handed the fish with China Glaze Orange Knockout, White on White and  Liquid Leather. I mixed the blue and black for the bubbles and then added topcoat.

Voila, cute little nail buddy!


 This first picture is in sunlight.



Here is a similar blue gradient I did ages ago. Kind of my inspiration for the new one.



Same time same place tomorrow for...Violet!




4 comments:

  1. Just soooo cute! I want to see if I can get a shape like this little gold fish - I live where it's really hot for another 1.5 months until winter comes...and it's an ocean town so this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet there is a stamp out there somewhere. There is a stamp for Koi I have seen online. I used a dotting tool, my paintbrush and a toothpick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, I love your little goldfishie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To get compliments when I'm just starting means a lot!

    ReplyDelete